Entrepreneurship and Technology with Paul Bradley CEO Caprica International
Paul is the Chairman and CEO, Caprica International and serving on the Boards of various organizations. He was also selected as a ‘New Asian Leader’ by the World Economic Forum. Leadership roles have spanned American, Japanese, Chinese and Indian companies with responsibilities across 14 countries. Created 7 start-ups and participated in the successful IPO launch of 2 companies. Passionate about innovation and developing multi-cultural talent to impact the future.
Connect with the Guest:
Stay tuned as we cover:
- Most important technology trends in supply chain
- How AI and Block Chain is changing the game
- The importance of innovation and entrepreneurship and how start-ups disrupt the industry
- What is it like to be a member of the B20 task force of the G20 Summit
- How important it is to have great mentors
Listen to the full discussion here:
Part 1 – Industry Trends – [33:17]
Part 2 – Talent and Recruitment in Supply Chain and Logistics – [15:32]
Part 3 – Personal success stories and habits – [16:25]
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 here.
- Available on Stitcher.
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Spotify.
- Listen to it on SoundCloud.
Part 1 – Industry Trends:
- [06:08] What’s the supply chain of the future to you?
- [12:11] Blockchain – is it high for real value. If real value, when will we see widespread adoption into everyday processes? So maybe we deep-dive a little bit further into it.
- [13:39] ICO – a crypto-currency way of raising funds instead of the traditional method and at the center maybe it’s the investment banks.
- [15:46] AI in banking – a case study.
- [17:15] A lot of people, obviously not a lot of us will ever have a chance to sit in a G20 meeting in a committee. What happened there? What are some of the topics? What are the people discussing about? What are the world leaders thinking about? Give us some more details.
- [21:41] Biggest challenges of companies in Asia? – power hubs, cyber attacks, political unrest, and other risks.
- [27:37] What advice to tech startups in the supply chain space would you give? Where do you see an innovation deficit or not enough startups addressing a particular need?
Part 2 – Talent and Recruitment:
- [00:00] How do we address the global shortage of supply chain talent? Should the company start developing in-house talent and training programs to fill in the gaps? How would you do it?
- [04:37] The old days of freight forwarding – how did innovation work – a case study.
- [07:33] In the market, what do you see are the biggest skills missing?
- [13:57] True partnership and actually truly understanding the client.
Part 3 – Personal success stories and habits:
- [00:00] Do you have some very specific practical information websites. How do you get information? How do you keep yourself in touch with the new developments?
- [03:52] When you think of the word successful in the industry, what would be 2 names that come to your mind?
- [11:13] Building systems and policies for AI and machine learning
- [13:35] Change is happening faster than a lot of people are realizing. IoT, AI, Blockchain. Being stuck in the comfort zone or incremental type of business change or increase zone and it’s exciting times in the industry.
- [14:18] Apollo spaceship and lunar module had less computing power than your smartphone. Where does the future lead us?
Episode #24: Blake Larson MD International Lalamove
Episode #30: Keith Carter Associate Professor | Author | TEDx Speaker
Episode #34: Inna Kuznetsova President & COO INTTRA