Kenneth Lim CTO at Singapore Maritime and Port Authority
Kenneth is presently the Chief Technology Officer of the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA). He was seconded from the Government Technology Agency (GovTech), where he held the role of Cluster Director of the Finance, National Development and Transport clusters.
Kenneth possesses over 23 years of career experience in Technology. He first began his career as a programmer in PSA and later became the Vice President of Technology Development, Trade & Logistics in CrimsonLogic. He was the Senior Vice President of Market Operations and IT in Energy Market Company before joining the public sector in 2011. His professional experience covers the sea port, logistics, IT and energy industries.
Connect with the Guest:
Stay tuned as we cover:
- Top goals the Singapore Maritime Port Authority is trying to achieve by 2020?
- What are the opportunities and what are the challenges around AI and Machine Learning?
- MPA’s efforts to invest in the start-up ecosystem.
- Cybersecurity. It is something that all of us should be concerned about, but still, a lot of companies prefer to turn a blind eye to it.
- Digitalization of the shipping industry. What are your thoughts on the current state of the industry when it comes to going digital?
- What are the most in-demand skills in the industry at the moment?
- What are you looking for when hiring for your team at the MPA? What type of people and attributes are you focused on?
- What is a personal habit that contributes to your success? What is a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- If you could give some advice to a 23-year-old graduating university and wanting to achieve a great career in shipping, what would it be?
- Available on Stitcher.
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Spotify.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 here.
Episode #08: Matthias Heutger SVP Marketing and Innovation at DHL
Episode #11: Ditlev Blicher CEO Asia Pacific for DB Schenker
Episode #26: Troels Randbøll Støvring CEO of Twill Logistics