Erik Cheong Co-Founder & CMO of Park N Parcel
Erik is the Co-Founder & CMO of Park N Parcel, a Singapore-based logistics startup under NUS Enterprise portfolio, providing solutions to enhance the current last-mile fulfillment ecosystem. Their main focus is to provide online shoppers with an innovative way to collect parcels in a hassle-free manner by directing their online purchases to nearby neighbors or neighborhood stores.
Since its launch in 2017, Park N Parcel has successfully built a network of collection points with over 1500 Parkers islandwide in Singapore. Currently working with partners such as Carousel, Airfov, DHL, and Aramex to prevent E-commerce platform & logistics companies from facing re-delivery and making their delivery much more efficient and cost saving.
Erik is heading the company’s business partnership such as collaboration, marketing and public relation Beyond his finance bachelor’s degree from University College Dublin and investment banking background, he is an entrepreneurial soul and an innovator with a passion to leverage on technology to enrich modern lives. Prior to Park N Parcel, Erik has started several businesses in the Hospitality, F&B and E-commerce sector with a strong belief in lean startup methodology.
Connect with the Guest:
Stay tuned as we cover:
- The story of how and why you started Park n Parcel.
- How are you managing service levels and security with these individuals given that they won’t be at home and available 24/7?
- When do you know if it’s time to acquire your own assets versus outsourcing through delivery partners?
- Technologies like AI, Blockchain – how can these be potential game changers in the world of last mile delivery?
- What are some of the risks in the business model? We see a lot of companies including SingPost and Ninja Van moving towards self-collection points network set up. How would that impact you?
- How do you see the growth and development of Park and Parcel in another 5 years?
- Tell us a bit about the culture of Park and Parcel. How is it working in a startup environment?
- How did you select your co-founders? And how did you hire your first members of the team?
- You don’t come from a logistics, last mile or eCommerce background. How did you learn about the industry?
- What is the skill set required for future supply chain and logistics leaders and entrepreneurs?
- What is the best piece of advice that you have received throughout your journey as an entrepreneur?
- Is there any personal habit that you think contributes to your success?
- Available on Stitcher.
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Spotify.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 here.
Episode #04: Roxane Desmicht Head of Supply Chain at Infineon Technologies
Episode #11: Ditlev Blicher CEO Asia Pacific for DB Schenker
Episode #13: Damien Dhellemes Country President Schneider Electric