Razat Gaurav CEO of LLamasoft
Today I am excited to have with us Razat Gaurav, CEO of LLamasoft. LLamasoft is a supply chain design software which helps organizations worldwide across a wide range of industries to model, optimize and simulate their supply chain network, leading to major improvements in cost, service, sustainability and risk mitigation. 50% of Fortune 100 companies have designed their supply chains with LLamasoft.
A few words on Razat Gaurav:
Razat has more than two decades of supply chain planning and execution experience, he has played a critical role in the digital transformations of some of the world’s biggest brands and his work has influenced the flow of billions of dollars’ worth of goods. With proven leadership in scaling and growing enterprise software businesses on a global basis, Razat most recently served as JDA Software’s Executive Vice President, General Manager and Chief Revenue Officer and previously held leadership roles at i2 Technologies and Ernst & Young (EY). A trusted expert on supply chain trends, he has been quoted in The New York Times, Forbes and The Hill, among other top media. Razat has a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering from the Illinois Institute of Technology.
Connect with the Guest:
Some of the highlights from the podcast:
- How they helped Schneider Electric to save 8 mil USD in cost
- How to optimize a fresh produce supply chain – like avocados and bananas
- Outsmarting uncertainty – Challenges that most clients face before implementing LLamasoft software
- Creating a platform for clients to develop their own Supply Chain APP
Episode #29: Razat Gaurav CEO of LLamasoft
- Available on Stitcher.
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Spotify.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 here.
- [01:32] For the few of our listeners that maybe are not yet familiar with LLamaSoft, What is a simple way to explain what LLamaSoft is?
- [02:26] Can you give us some case studies of how LLamasoft has helped some of your clients achieve great improvements in their supply chains? I think it was a Schneider Electric study case where you saved 8 mil USD in cost.
- [07:40] Talking about fresh produce like avocados and bananas – how did LLamasoft play a role in optimizing the supply chain for clients that deal with this kind of goods.
- [13:20] What are the challenges that most of your clients face before implementing LLamasoft software?
- [21:10] How do you differentiate yourself from your competition? What are the key elements you focus on?
- [32:38] I understand that you doubled your headcount in the last three years, now reaching around 500. How do you make sure that the recruitment process is on point – effective? What are the things you look for when hiring?
- [37:55] What are some of the key attributes you look for in the leadership team?
- [41:00] What are your expansion plans? Where do you plan to expand next and what are the next milestones?
- [45:42] If you were to think about the industry in next 5-10 years. What are some of the trends you see coming?
Episode #08: Matthias Heutger SVP Marketing and Innovation at DHL
Episode #17: Dr. Yossi Sheffi Director of the MIT Center for Transportation and Logistics
Episode #28: Brad Hollister CEO of SwanLeap