Episode #61: Lidia Yan CEO and Co-founder of NEXT Trucking
Lidia Yan is the CEO and Co-Founder of NEXT Trucking. NEXT is taking on one of the largest industries alive, the $800 billion trucking industry, and has brought in some of the biggest venture firms to back her.
- NEXT – the APPLE of trucking
- How NEXT achieved profitability in their first year
- Rapid scaling from 100 to more than 200 employees
- How it is to be a female in a male-dominated industry
- The USD60 billion DRAYAGE market
- Work for a cause, not for applause and seek respect not attention because it lasts longer.
“Work for a cause, not for applause and seek respect not attention becuase it lasts longer. ”
Diversity is super important and in NEXT over 40% of our employees are women, obviously in this male-dominated industry.
So I’m pretty happy about diversity in the company because women actually bring a different perspective when it comes to what trucking is like and how to treat the drivers.
Also, I think in our company and we’re very unique because we are a blend of technology and operations, so we do have talents from those industries and we are creating a very unique culture to really mingle two kinds of talents and put them under the same roof and allow them to work together as a team. So we’re actively working to build an inclusive workforce.
I think other than 40% of my employees are women in around three-quarters of our workforce are considered ethnic minorities. We’re definitely a very diversified company and we’ll continue to do that.