International Women’s Day is a global day dedicated to celebrating the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women. It happens on March 8th and is a yearly occasion to raise awareness about gender parity and celebrating women’s achievements.
The celebration should not be framed to one day a year, and we applaud the initiative of B2G Consulting who initiated in 2020 a Global Women Leaders in Supply Chain Award, in which one hundred nominees have been considered by a global panel in the race for seven awards.
2020 Awards winners:
- Global Supply Chain Leader: Sandra MacQuillan, EVP & CSCO, Mondelēz International
- Supply Chain Innovation Excellence: Wendy Herrick, VP Digital Supply Chain, Unilever
- Supply Chain Transformation Excellence: Sabine Simeon-Aissaoui, Head of Supply Chain, Schindler Group
- Supply Chain Academic Excellence: Alexis Bateman, Director, MIT Center for Transportation & Logistics
- Supply Chain Sustainability Excellence: Magali Anderson, Chief Sustainability Officer, LafargeHolcim
- Supply Chain Social Media Influencer: Lora Cecere, Founder, Supply Chain Insights
- Choice of the Public: Sheri R. Hinish, Founder, Supply Chain Revolution®
Congratulations to the nominees and the winners!